Gifts have always triggered the emotional side of our senior citizens. Whether it is a birthday gift or occasional gifts, they have always helped us convey our feelings and best wishes to them.
In our fast-paced world, we often forget about the holiday gifts for our elders, and then we eventually end up buying sweets that become too cliche and don’t leave a mark.
A gift should be thoughtful, functional for the elders, and enjoyable at the same time. If you have forgotten about it this time too, don’t worry, we have got you covered. Here are some last-minute gift ideas for seniors that will leave them overwhelmed.
1. Subscription of Audible App: Elders often have trouble reading because of their poor eyesight. With Audible, they can stream or download the books they like and listen to whenever they want. This makes it a perfect gift for seniors because listening to a book is as good as reading.
Check out here: Audible
2. Saregama Carvaan: If your older adult is a music lover, there can be no better gift than this. Classified by artists, moods & geet mala, Saregama Carvaan consists of 5000 Original Songs. A jolly gift for elders to take them on a memory ride effortlessly, and guess what, you can hear them singing along with it too.
Check out here: Saregama Carvaan
3. Amazon Echo Dot “Alexa” (4th Generation): This hands-free, voice-controlled device is easily accessible from any corner of your house. It performs basic tasks like making phone calls, reminders for medicine, checking news, etc., all without having to take much effort. Our seniors just have to say, “ALEXA,” and she is always ready to assist.
Check out here: Amazon Echo Dot
4. GrandPad tablet: This simple, secure tablet is a perfect gift idea for seniors ready to start video chatting and sharing memories with family and friends anywhere in the world. Isn’t it an ideal gift for them because they miss us all the time?
Check out here: GrandPad tablet
5. Personal services like hair styling, manicure, pedicure, or massage: Our seniors love to spend time with us. Set a date for personal services where you can accompany them to their appointment. Just the idea of you being alongside will take them over the moon.
Also read: 10 ways to improve an elder’s quality of life